SA-MP 0.3z Released :: Posted by SA-MP on 13 Feb 2014
SA-MP 0.3z updates
SA-MP 0.3z is mainly a security update for the SA-MP 0.3 branch. We've managed to include a few features and fixes too.
- An optional lag compensation mode improves sync accuracy.
- New server callbacks allow greater control over the game.
- Network statistics functions will make it easier to admin servers.
- Fixes range check errors in the server browser.
- Fixes problems with mouse control in the game menu.
- Many minor security updates for both the client and server.
Thanks to everyone who helped test 0.3z!
SA-MP 0.3x Released :: Posted by SA-MP on 31 Jan 2013
SA-MP 0.3x features
- A new model preview system makes it easier to find player skins, vehicle types, and object models in-game.
- The draw distance of objects can be set to any distance, which reduces the pop-in on custom areas.
- Improvements to object and material colour changing.
- A better synced animation for players carrying objects.
- Vehicle friendly fire system for servers that use teams.
- Some new hat and hair objects added.
- Many important changes to SA-MP's networking system which reduces network overhead and improves security for server owners.
Thanks to anyone who tested 0.3x during the testing phase!
SA-MP 0.3e Released :: Posted by SA-MP on 8 May 2012
SA-MP 0.3e features
- Many minor bug fixes including security updates.
- Loads of new objects for mapping, including walls and houses.
- Servers can now change the textures and colours of objects.
- New scripting features for greater control over the game's camera.
- New tools make it easier to edit attached objects.
- New animation and model for being cuffed/arrested.
- Text functions for creating custom signs.
- Servers have the ability to enable the mouse cursor so you can click on images/text.
Thanks to all who tested 0.3e and provided feedback! Please check back again for the next SA-MP update.
SA-MP 0.3d Released :: Posted by SA-MP on 1 Dec 2011
SA-MP 0.3d features
- Support for Shoutcast/Icecast audio streams.
- Major performance improvements and smoother game-play.
- Improvements to sync, including vehicle passengering and motorbikes.
- New models, including a replacement mall, hot air balloon, fireman hats.
- You can surf on objects attached to moving objects and objects attached to vehicles.
- Servers can remove static buildings from the map.
- Moving objects can now rotate smoothly.
- Many new scripting functions and callbacks for SA-MP servers.
Thanks to all the players and server owners who helped test this new version.
SA-MP 0.3c Released :: Posted by SA-MP on 29 Dec 2010
SA-MP 0.3c features
- A redesigned car license plate system
- Particle objects for effects like fire
- Includes new and re-worked models like hats and glasses which can be worn
- Includes new stunting objects and buildings
- Improved vehicle/object surfing
- The vehicle engines and lights can now be controlled by the server
- You can now passenger drive-by with almost any weapon
- Font colour changing in the chat and dialog boxes
- Quite a few server scripting improvements and bug fixes also
Special thanks for this release goes out to GamerX server and the SA-MP Beta Team who contributed artwork.
SA-MP 0.3b Released :: Posted by SA-MP on 21 Aug 2010
This release also includes some new features and improvements to SA-MP. Here is a summary:
Updates for players
- Important client security updates
- Updates and fixes to the SA-MP server browser, including host name lookups for your favorites and samp:// URL handling
- Improved player and animation syncing
- Chat logging and time-stamping
- Files, including screenshots, now save to the GTA San Andreas User Files folder
- No restrictions on screen resolution size
- Several crash fixes and more
Updates for servers
- New vehicle velocity and rotation functions
- Ability to track all player animations
- Players can be scripted to hold objects
- A threaded HTTP client for pawn (beta)
- New object limit of 400 and the ability to change object draw distance
- Many bug fixes and more
As always, we hope you enjoy this update. Please check back again for more.
SA-MP 0.3a Released :: Posted by SA-MP on 17 Oct 2009
This is the first major SA-MP update since SA-MP 0.2 and there are more features and fixes than can be listed on this page.
Here is a short summary of some of the new features in SA-MP 0.3a:
- Up to 500 players per server and up to 2000 vehicles.
- New mouse driven scoreboard, chat and other UIs.
- Visible vehicle damage and vehicle repairing.
- NPC bots that can drive trains, planes and more.
- Completely server controlled game play.
- Improved sync including vehicle surfing.
- Many new scripting features.
- Many bug and crash fixes - SA-MP 0.3a is the most stable version yet!
We hope you enjoy the new SA-MP version and please check back for any 0.3 bug fix updates.
SA-MP 0.2X Released :: Posted by SA-MP on 20 Nov 2008
The SA-MP 0.2.2 server list will be discontinued. SA-MP 0.2.2 clients cannot connect to 0.2X servers.
This update includes fixes from 0.2.2 R3 client/server as well as the following:
- Fixed insecure handling of private messages.
- Fixed packet fragmentation/MTU issue.
- Various security updates to the netcode and connection logic.
- Security updates to the client binaries.
- Removed compression from the aiming vectors to improve accuracy.
- Added seconds to server logs and also shows raw incoming UDP connections.
- OnVehicleMod/OnVehiclePaintjob/OnVehicleRespray includes the origin playerid.
- Added OnPlayerUpdate, a callback fired for every player network update. This will help server-side anti-cheat.
- Limited filterscripts to 16.
The version of SA-MP previously being developed as 0.2.5 will become SA-MP 0.3 to avoid any confusion.
SA-MP 0.2.2 R3 Client Released :: Posted by SA-MP on 20 Jun 2008
Updates to the SA-MP 0.2.2 server are not required at this time.
Apart from security updates, the 0.2.2 R3 client also fixes some crashes/bugs from previous versions. The following updates have been made:
- Removed all SAC code. This fixes a security vulnerability mentioned earlier.
- Fixed problem with clipboard text not copying externally.
- Fixed time/fog/lighting flickering when the passing of time is disabled.
- Fixed some vehicle audio problems (silent cars/planes/boats/helis).
- Fixed texture lag/streaming popups when many models were loaded.
- Fixed some car mod shop crashes.
- Alternate siren for police vehicles is now synced.
- TextDraw code is completely rewritten. It now works in interiors and will disable with the scoreboard.
- Crashes caused by DestroyVehicle script are fixed.
- Imported some of the 0.2.5 vehicle surfing code.
- Added command /fpslimit to adjust the frame rate limiter. Valid /fpslimit values are 20-100.
Happy Holidays and New Year! :: Posted by SA-MP on 30 Dec 2007
Check out this cool video made by The Movie Crew using SA-MP 0.2.2 for Xmas.
SA-MP 0.2.2 R2 Client Released :: Posted by SA-MP on 30 Aug 2007
0.2.2 R2 can be found on the Download Page.
This update fixes the following issues:
* Some crashes related to models/pickups.
* Collision processing issues (objects/players fall through the ground).
* Chat window wrapping server messages.
* Texture rendering if your graphics card uses a custom d3dx9_25.dll.
There may be another 0.2.2 bugfix release before we start work on SA-MP 0.3.